Background

Monday, September 22, 2008

It's been 14 years!

So, 14 years ago today my hubby and I started our journey with our first date. It seems like a life-time ago.

We were high school seniors at Gilbert High School (I just dated myself didn’t I? oops) and it was about two weeks away from the infamous Homecoming dance, and a couple of mutual friends were getting together to watch a movie at a friend’s (Cam Heiner, for those of you who are dating yourselves back like I am) house, nothing spectacular, but it is the company that counts. Right?

It was that night that Jeremy planted the first kiss, right there in my parent’s driveway as he dropped me off. He wasn’t about to waste anytime. That hasn’t changed over time either… I love him for that, even when I like to pretend that I don’t.

I sure feel incredibly blessed to be his wife! He is truly my Superman! I feel so safe and loved by him, it is an amazing feeling. He loves me through all my sassy, spit-fire personality and that takes a very big Superhero to do.

He has given me the four of the most beautiful angels, and I hope they all have his wonderful outlook on life. I admire you more than you will ever know. I love you, Jeremy.


Taylor and Jeremy. Yep... he is swimming in the blowup pool in his clothes with his 1yr. old son. What a dad!


Jeremy and Cassidy, during swim lessons. She held onto his neck so tight.

Jeremy and Taylor


Jer, Cassidy & Taylor at Disneyland

Cassidy, Taylor & baby Emma (Easter morning)

Cassidy, first time fishing. Even though she caught the fish she was not going to get any closer.

Jeremy being patient with Emma, as she just would not get off the quad.

The Family at Disneyland

Chill'in with Ryann

Thank you for the past 14yrs… it has been the time of my life! and I wouldn’t do any other way than with you.

7 comments:

Patti Price said...

wow! Has it been that long ago?? Crazy! I remember how crazy and googley-eyed you two were about eachother back then! Too cute! Happy Anniversary!

Meredith said...

What? No pictures from the "dating years?" I want to see what you two looked like back then.

Congratulations on 14 fun years!

Kelly said...

Happy "Anniversary" to you two! We sure have loved getting to know you and I love the glimpses into the parts we didn't know!

Jeremy said...

Cindy,
This last fourteen years have been the greatest in my life! Thank you for being an amazing wife and a wonderful mother to our children. Everyday I am so blessed... I Love you with all my heart!!!

Love Jer

Cheryl said...

Hey, 14 years ago I was half-way through my bachelor's degree and Josh was stil in diapers (or close enough anyway). You're spring chickens! Props to Jeremy for the kiss on the first date. I'm glad you found each other, ain't love grand?

Chelsey Howard said...

Oh, your such a cute and sweet wife:) Congradulations on the 14yrs. that's so awesome:) Your family is adorable!!

Karolienkie said...

We are so happy that you guys stuck it our for that long, and that your path brought you down here by us...

We love having you as our friends and neighbors!! You guys Rock!!