Background

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Birthday, DUSTY!



Today is my brother's birthday, he would have been 48 years old this year. Unfortunately we just don't get to celebrate it with him this year, he passed away about 3 1/2 years ago from colon cancer. Ya know, I have really become to absolutely HATE the word "cancer". I think I could go a billion years with out ever hearing that again. (I just don't think I'll have much luck with that though)

Dusty is a giant of a man if I ever knew one. Not to say that he was perfect or anything, as we are all human, but I have never seen anyone (personally) become closer to that as he did in his final months. He became so close to our Lord and Savior. I admire him so much for that and for so much more. Dusty absolutely loved life. He did more is his short 44 years than I think I would ever do in a lifetime. I sure love and miss this guy so much. What a reunion I have been planning when I get my turn to go home. Oh how I look forward to embracing both him and my sister Tina, who left us about 19 years ago. Wow, how time has gone by.

Happy Birthday, Dusty!

We all Love you SO much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where is our favorite family hiding out???!!!